Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Days

Recently I felt a bit defeated at all the house work that seems left undone these days. Then I realized it is summer time! I think I have double the laundry since we are swimming, playing in the hose/baby pool, going to the lake, etc. It occurred to me that my kids won't remember that the laundry room was a disaster in the summer of 2008 but they will remember all the fun times we spent as a family. I constantly have to battle the Type A personality of having everything in order and I remember a godly woman in our church saying, "in those days I had to remember to look high whenever I walked around the house." It is SO true...if I look down I see all of the toys, spots on the carpet, unused diapers strung throughout the house (Charlie absolutely loves to pull all the diapers out of his dresser at least once a day...I let him since it is fun for him and really no harm), a ball here, a magnet letter from the frig there. I just try to look up high (and look above) and keep walking! This same godly woman also reminded me that "Where no oxen are, the manger is clean" (Psalm 14:4a).

Charlie learned how to climb up on the couch finally and also discovered light switches which he is elated about! He responds with "tsssss" anytime you say hot (with regard to food or not) and then he tries to blow but can't quite do it yet! He LOVES to be wresstled and rough-housed which is daddy's job when he walks in the door each day!

Cosette is discovering her "special projects" which include spreading glitter glue all over cards and putting together puzzles. She also loves to "run errands" which includes putting on mommy's high heals, carrying a purse and pushing a stroller around the house! She pauses to nurse her baby and comfort her baby from crying "she so sad mommy...she needs her paci...it's ok baby, shhhh, I love you"

Some pictures of our summer days in AZ and in TX:





2 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Just wanted to say hi. I saw that you signed Krista's blog...your kiddos are adorable.

Krista said...

I LOVE "look high"--literally and figuratively! What great advice! Also, love, love, love "the kids won't remember that our laundry room was a disaster in the summer of 2008--but they will remember all the fun memories made as a family." Well said, my dear friend!